Honorary plaque with an image of a statue wich stands at Treptower Park in Berlin.
The Soviet War Memorial is a war memorial and military cemetery in Berlin’s Treptower Park. It was built to to commemorate the 80,000 Red Army soldiers who fell in the Battle of Berlin in April–May 1945. It opened four years after World War II on May 8, 1949.
The monument is one of three Soviet memorials built in Berlin after the end of the war. The other two memorials are the Tiergarten memorial, and the Soviet War Memorial Schönholzer Heide in Berlin’s Pankow district.
The memorials are not only commemorative, but also serve as cemeteries for those killed.