This Bulgarian pin is about Georgi Dimitrov. The MKM means:”Magnitogorsk Iron And Steelworks” which had a branch called ‘Georgi Dimitrov’, in the village of Eliseyna in North-West Bulgaria, and that name is therefore (Елисейна) under the head of Dimitrov.
Dimitrov was a Bulgarian communist politician. He was the first communist leader of Bulgaria, from 1946 to 1949. Dimitrov led the Communist International from 1934 to 1943. He was a theorist of capitalism who expanded Lenin’s ideas by arguing that fascism was the dictatorship of the most reactionary elements of financial capitalism.
He was born in 1882. In 1923 he was one of the leaders of a communistic revolt in Bulagria. The revolt failed and he went to Russia. Later he went to Germany. After the fire in the Reichstag fire he was arrested. During the trial, he bravely defended himself against Hermann Göring and the Nazis had to release him. He went back to Russia.
In 1946 he went back to Bulagria and in 1946, Dimitrov declared Bulgaria a people’s republic and the country became a communist state. His foreign policy was extremely pro-Soviet, but his plans for a Balkan federation with Yugoslavia were grounded by Joseph Stalin (1947-1948). He has since fallen out of favor with Stalin. He died in 1949 during a visit to the USSR.