top of page

Pin made in the Soviet Union. The text on the pin reads:”Cheboksary”.
Cheboksary is the capital city of Chuvashia, Russia and a port on the Volga River.
Cheboksary was first mentioned in written sources in 1469, when Russian soldiers passed here on their way to the Khanate of Kazan
In 1555, the Russians built a fortress and established a settlement here. In 1625, there were 458 soldiers quartered in Cheboksary, and in 1646 there were 661 males living in the settlement. At the end of the 17th century, Cheboksary was regarded as a major commercial city of the Volga region, and in 1781 it was granted town status. In the beginning of the 19th century the population was about 5500, the town had a sawmill and several small manufactures.
In the beginning of the 20th century, 5,100 people lived in Cheboksary. In 1965, the population was 163,000.

Pin Soviet Russia City’s Cheboksary

SKU: PSRC051
€ 1,50Price

    Related Products