top of page

Pin made in the Soviet Union. The text on the pin reads:”Maloyaroslavets”. Maloyaroslavets is a town and the administrative center of Maloyaroslavetsky District in Kaluga Oblast, Russia, located on the right bank of the Luzha River (Oka’s basin). Population: 30,392 (2010 Census).
It was founded in the late 14th century by Vladimir the Bold and named Yaroslavets after his son Yaroslav. In 1485, the town was annexed by the Grand Duchy of Moscow and renamed Maloyaroslavets. During the French invasion of Russia, the Battle of Maloyaroslavets took place near this town on October 12 of 1812.
A number of fierce battles were also fought near Maloyaroslavets during the Battle of Moscow in 1941–1942. The town was under German occupation from 18 October 1941 until 2 January 1942. It was liberated by troops of the Western Front of the Red Army.

Pin Soviet Russia City’s Maloyaroslavets

SKU: PSRC059
€ 1,50Price
Out of Stock

    Related Products